South Park: The Fractured but Whole Black Screen Fix
South Park the series, was released to critical as well as mass public acclaim with its lovable yet very vulgar characters appealing to a very wide audience. It, therefore, came as a welcome development to many PC Gamers when they found out that Ubisoft was developing a South Park game. This gives gamers the opportunity to join Cartman, Kenny, Stan and Kyle in their exciting and lewd escapades in South Park: The Fractured But Whole. The game however released with some technical issues, players on pc reporting unfortunate errors, most notably the notorious South Park Fractured but Whole black screen.
This guide will detail simple solutions on how to get rid of the black screen on South Park Fractured But Whole in the steps below:
This solution has, for the majority of users, been the way to go. It involves forcing the game out of full-screen and into windowed mode. Here’s how to apply this fix:
- Launch South Park: The Fractured but Whole. If you’re experiencing the fractured but whole black screen then it should launch into a black screen.
- Press ALT + Enter to force the game into windowed mode.
- Once the game has switched into windowed mode, navigate to the game’s settings.
- Change the game’s resolution to your monitor’s resolution.
Another possible solution to fixing the black screen on fractured but whole involves launching the game directly for Steam versions of the game, as detailed in the following steps:
- Locate your South Park: The Fractured but Whole game in your Steam Library.
- Right click on the game and choose ‘Properties’
- Click on ‘Local Files’
- Then ‘Browse Local Files’
- Finally, launch the game by running the ‘SouthPark_TFBW.exe’ file.
Now this path is not as basic as the previous two, but if your copy of South Park: The Fractured But Whole still launches into a black screen, then it is worth a try. Do not be alarmed by the warnings from windows. This method will not harm your PC in any way.
- Launch South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
- When it launches into the black screen, press Ctrl + Alt + Del
- Launch the Task Manager
- Navigate to the ‘Processes’ Tab and locate the game
- Right click on the game
- Click on ‘Go to details’
- Right click on the game’s highlighted listing.
- Change the game’s priority to ‘High Priority’ and switch back to the game.
This solution is not hassle-free but should be attempted prior to attempting the last-resort solution listed below.
READ ALSO: How to Change Screen Resolution in SCUM
The last solution should be a last-resort. If the prior listed solutions do not fix the Fractured But Whole black screen, then this is the last route to attempt, it, however, has a fairly high success rate.
It involves reinstalling Uplay. It’s quite straight-forward and doesn’t take terribly long.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole has also been reported to launching to a black screen and crashing after the character creation screen. The solution to this error is listed below:
- Open your Steam Library and right-click on South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
- Click on ‘Properties’
- Click on the ‘Local Files’ tab
- Select the option ‘Verify Files Integrity’
Many games are plagued by technical issues, some worse and more complex than others. Luckily the fixes for South Park: The Fractured but Whole black screen are quite uncomplicated and hopefully one of these work for you.