Slither.io lag issues fix (Windows, Android and iOS.)
It’s almost impossible to enjoy a game and hit those high scores when Slither.io lags so much. Slither.io lag problem is one of the most popular issues experienced by a majority of players who play the Slither.io game especially when they first spawn the game.
You should know when Slither.io lags, it creates a lot of frustrations and disadvantages to a player like causing the game to come to an end, forcing you to react too late since you can’t keep real-time track of the game and generally collide into every slithering snake in the game.
The ensuing frustration is what forces many to find out why is Slither.io lagging.
When the server a player is using is overloaded, it tends to pass the strain onto the players making Slither.io laggy too. Your game might also be laggy when:
- You have a poor network connection
- Your device’s hardware is struggling to keep up with the game’s demands
So, how do you make slither.io less laggy?
There are ways of dealing with Slither.io lagging issues be it on your phone and computer
Slither.io lag issue Fix on Android
This is done by clearing the slither.io cache
- Step 1: Open settings on your device and tap on more/all tab
- Step 2: Select application manager and select all applications by swiping left
- Step 3: From your installed apps find Slither.io
- Step 4: Select Slither.io and tap clear cache option
- Step 5: Restart your device
- Step 1: Switch off your Android device
- Step 2: Press and hold home, power and volume up buttons altogether and release the power button once you see the logo but keep holding home and volume up buttons. When the android logo appears let go of both buttons.
- Step 3: Use the volume down key to navigate and highlight wipe cache partition and select it using the power key
- Step 4: When prompted to the next menu select ‘yes’
- Step 5: Once the process is completed highlight and select ‘reboot system now’
Slither.io lag issue Fix on Windows/Mac
The main reasons for slither.io lags are caches, therefore, you should repair the lag issue by clearing caches and cookies on browsers like chrome
- Step 1: Launch Chrome and click on the 3 lines at the top right of the browser
- Step 2: Select settings and choose advanced settings.
- Step 3: On the privacy tab, choose clear browsing data and a new window pops up, select Cached images and files.
- Step 4: Clear browsing data
- Step 1: Launch Firefox
- Step 2: Choose menu bar
- Step 3: Choose history and choose clear recent history
Close Applications You’re Not Using
Sometimes, you might have to optimize your PC for Slither.io lagging to stop. Treat the game as you would treat any other game. You would normally use a game optimizer or shut down other applications to free up resources. This trick might work especially if your computer isn’t so highly spec’d.
If you are using additional plugins to modify slither.io, for instance, Slither Plus that lets you zoom in or out of the game, consider disabling it as the last resort. The additional load the addon puts on your PC might be causing the lags.