Overwatch Free Edition Play for Xbox One, PC and PS4 All Weekend
Blizzard Entertainment is in the mood to spread the fun this weekend by offering non-believers a chance to be part of the 20 million+ strong Overwatch universe. The free games will be from November 18 (11.00 a.ma PT) to November 21 4.00 p.m. PT and is available to PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 owners.
The great news is the free access won’t be limiting in any way. You will have access to the entire list of heroes and all the maps over Quick Play, Custom Games, and Weekly Brawl.
Should you decide to buy the game after the weekend, your progress and unlocked items will be ported over to your purchase if you keep the purchase to the platform you used to access the free weekend content.
How to Install Overwatch Free Edition on PS4
- Turn on the console and log into your preferred user
- Go to the PlayStation Store and search for Overwatch
- Select Overwatch Free Weekend from the results and select download
- Once the download and installation is complete, click Start to begin the fun
Xbox One Users
- Turn on the console and log into Xbox Live Account
- Go to the store and search for Overwatch
- Select Overwatch: Origins Edition Free Weekend from the results then click Free Trial
- This should install the game and you can launch to play once done
Overwatch Free Weekend for PC
- Download and install Battle.net desktop app and launch it
- Create a free battle.net account or log into existing account
- Click on the overwatch icon (to the left of the Battle.net desktop app)
- Select your region and choose install
- Play the game once installed
You will need Xbox Live Gold to play on Xbox One while PlayStation Plus won’t be a necessary unless you want to play the full version of Overwatch: Origins Edition. The average download file size is 12GB and there won’t be cross device playing for Xbox and PC owners this weekend.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B017L187X2″ key=”image” locale=”US” nf=”y” tag=”thermostatrev-20″]