How to Control a Llama in Minecraft
Minecraft 1.11 update added a new exotic animal called a llama which is quite fun to tame and ride around the Minecraft world. Llamas come in four colors; brown, white, creamy and grey.
They are in many ways similar to horses meaning that you can tame them, leash them into a team to pull carts or just ride your best Llama around and look cooler than all those ‘inferior’ horse riders.
How to control llamas
Llamas don’t have saddles like horses. Even though you can still ride it bareback, you won’t have the power to control it while on its back. However, you can lead the llama by attaching a lead to it and it will follow you.
READ ALSO: How to Make a Book and Quill in Minecraft PC
When one llama follows you, the surrounding llamas will follow forming a caravan and when you put the lead on another llama a second caravan will form. This makes them a great way to transport cargo in bulk as they easily fall into caravans.
How to tame and ride llamas
- First, you need to find a llama. You can catch one in Extreme Hills biome and Savanna biome
- You need to feed the llama to speed up the taming process. To feed the llama you need wheat or hay bales. Set the food in the hot bar and make sure that it is selected in your hot bar.
- You need to try mounting the llama. To mount it, right click if you are using a PC. Make sure you have nothing in your hot bar (select an empty hot bar) as you need to use your in-game hands to mount it.
- If you did not feed the llama enough it will throw you off when you try to mount it and if may happen you need to repeatedly try mounting it until the hearts appear and the llama no longer throws you off.
- Once mounted, it will be already tamed and red hearts will begin showing around the llama.
NB: You can tame a llama without feeding it and just try mounting the llama again and again until you break it in. You will notice some red hearts appear all around the Llama when you succeed.
How to breed llamas
Can you breed llamas in Minecraft? Yes, llamas can have little llama babies and Minecraft llama breeding is done using hay bales.
Breeding llamas in Minecraft is not complicated. Firstly, make sure you have two tamed llamas; you can put them together by putting leads on them. Then for the two of them to start mating you need to use a hay bale. If perhaps you do not have any hay bale, you should find nine pieces of wheat and craft one block of hay.
The moment you show your llamas the hay, hearts start appearing between them meaning the baby llama is soon coming and in a moment the baby llama is seen spawning near its parents and that is how is it is when you are thinking of breeding llamas in Minecraft. The little ones will take on the appearance of one of its parents but its strength in the Minecraft world is chosen randomly.