Diablo 3 Death’s Breath Farming: How to Get Started
A good open world game wouldn’t be incomplete without a complex myriad of things that need other things to do things.
Yes. I know I didn’t make sense to most people who haven’t played a title like Diablo 3 and are therefore not useful to all the scavenging and hunting needed just to get what you need to craft something.
One such item you have to look for is the Diablo 3 Death’s Breath. This is a unique crafting material you gain by killing elite enemies once you are above level 61.Once you have the Death’s Breath, you can use it to facilitate transmutations in the Kanai’s Cube or use it for enchanting to come up with high-level gems that you can in turn use to augment ancient items.
You will need artisans who are above level 10 to use Death’s Breath.
Death’s Breath, like gold and most of the crafting material, marquise or higher gems and quest items are account bound. You cannot trade them with other players.
This means that you have to earn all your D3 Death’s Breath the hard way.
Diablo 3 Death’s Breath Farming
- The first step to collecting or ‘Farming’ Death’s Breath is by ensuring that you have attained the necessary game level (61 and above) This isn’t necessary if you are running the latest game patch as this limitation was removed
- You will have to kill yellow elite and above enemies like bosses and treasure goblins to earn the breath (doesn’t apply to Great Rift Guardians)
- Valid sources are:
- Opening golden chests
- Killing a yellow or blue Elite monster
- Killing a Treasure Goblin
- You will get higher chances of getting the breath faster if you play on higher difficulty levels
- If you have patch 2.4 or above, the Death’s Breath has an easy to spot color when it drops from the enemy you just beat. Teal smoke also rises from its location hence ensuring that you can secure your reward.
- Wear Nemesis bracers as this will attract more elite enemies hence saving time by ensuring that you don’t run around looking for enemies in vain
Chances of Death’s Breath Dropping Per Game Difficult Levels
- Normal – 15%
- Hard – 18%
- Expert – 21%
- Master – 25%
- Torment I – 31%
- Torment II – 37%
- Torment III – 44%
- Torment IV – 53%
- Torment V – 64%
- Torment VI – 77%
- Torment VII – 90%
- Torment VIII – 100% and 15% chance to gain an extra one
- Torment IX – 100% and 25% chance to gain an extra one
- Torment X – 100% and 50% chance to gain an extra one
- Torment XI – 100% and 75% chance to gain an extra one
- Torment XII – 100% to drop two
- Torment XIII – 100% to drop two and 25% chance to gain an extra one
If you really want all your battles to end up in a Death’s Breath drop, try to play on Torment VIII or above. If you are lucky, you might get more than one drop per enemy.